Primary School Classroom Teachers
“Learning is at the heart of everything we do.”
The Amsterdam International Community School (AICS) is a growing international school in Amsterdam. We are looking for enthusiastic, collaborative, and knowledgeable colleagues to join our team. Due to the continued growth of our school, we have job opportunities for the coming academic year 2023 - 2024 for experienced Primary School Classroom Teachers at our South or Sandcastle campus.
Primary School Classroom Teachers
Pay scale LB (min. €3,001,- | max. €4,573,- full-time per month, before tax).
Starting date: August 2023
If you are available before August, please indicate this in your application letter.
Does this job suit you?
You need to be an innovative and creative qualified primary school teacher with a strong understanding of inquiry-based learning, ideally following the International Baccalaureate “Primary Years Programme” (PYP). You can stimulate students’ learning skills. You are able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic and hardworking team. You are also able to cater for students with many different social, emotional, and educational needs, from a variety of different cultural backgrounds and countries.
Working at AICS means working at an internationally oriented educational institution with an open work culture. In addition, AICS offers:
- Gross monthly salary: min. €3,001.- | max. €4,573,- full-time basis, before tax;
- End-of-year bonus of 8.33%;
- Holiday payment of 8%;
- Good work-life balance;
- Attention to your own employability;
- AICS is an IB World School and offers a wide range of professional development opportunities at local and international level.
AICS offers a temporary contract with the possibility of a permanent contract in the future. You can also make use of various tax-friendly arrangements.
You need to have:
- a valid and relevant Primary education teaching qualification in your own country, preferably already accredited by DUO;
- at least two years’ Primary School teaching experience - experience in the PYP programme is preferred;
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
- an understanding and knowledge of intercultural competence;
- the ability and initiative to help create and implement school policies;
- excellent command of the English language and general communication skills - additional spoken language skills would be an asset.
You have a commitment to the school’s mission to provide high-quality community-based international learning in the form of the IB programme. Furthermore, you have a collaborative mindset, are flexible, resilient, open to new ideas and have a good sense of humour.
Do you want to apply?
Please submit applications through the school website. You can respond until April 26, 2023. Please be informed that we reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date of the vacancy. All candidates do have equity in the process.
Internal candidates take priority over external candidates. Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
About the Amsterdam International Community School (AICS)
The AICS is the only Dutch International Primary and Secondary School in the Netherlands. We are one of 40 schools worldwide and the only school in the Netherlands that offers the full IB continuum (IB PYP, MYP, DP, and CP). Together with a number of other national Dutch schools we form the ‘Esprit School Group’.
The AICS is a partly-state-funded community school, which enables us to deliver high-quality education at competitive fees. The AICS is a fully-accredited member of the Council of International Schools (CIS) and offers international education to internationally-mobile students from over 50 different nationalities.
The Amsterdam International Community School is committed to creating a safe learning environment for our staff and students. Reference checks will include a check on child protection issues for all serious candidates. We will require a police clearance certificate for the last country of employment as well as a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) upon arrival in the Netherlands or if you are already a resident in the Netherlands.