German Language Acquisition Teacher
Secondary School German Language Acquisition Teacher
The Amsterdam International Community School (AICS) is a growing International school in
Amsterdam. We are on the lookout for enthusiastic, collaborative, and knowledgeable
colleagues to join our team. Due to the continued growth of our school, we have a
part-time opportunity for an experienced Secondary School German Language Aquisition
Teacher at our South East campus.
Pay scale LB (min. €3001,- max. €4573, fulltime per month, before tax).
Job size: 0.6-0.8 fte (3-4 days a week)
Start date: 1 December 2022
About the Amsterdam International Community School (AICS)
The AICS is a Dutch International Primary and Secondary School in the Netherlands. We are
an IB World School school that offers PYP, MYP, DP, and CP. Together with a number of other
national Dutch schools we form ‘Esprit Scholen’.
The AICS is a partly-state-funded community school, which enables us to deliver high-quality
education at competitive fees. The AICS is a fully-accredited member of the Council of
International Schools (CIS) and offers international education to internationally-mobile
students from over 50 different nationalities.
The AICS currently offers Primary education to students aged 4-11 and Secondary education
to students aged 11-19. The main language of instruction for classes is English. The AICS is
located in three campuses throughout the city of Amsterdam: AICS South (Primary and
Secondary, over 1100 students), AICS Satellite (Primary only, around 200 students) and AICS
South East (Primary and Secondary, over 400 students).
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for
students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
You need to be:
● an innovative and creative German Teacher, ideally with a strong understanding of
● able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic and
● flexible, resilient, and open to new ideas;
● fluent in spoken and written English;
● an inspirational teacher, who can stimulate students’ learning skills;
● able to cater for students with many different social, emotional, and educational
needs, from a variety of different cultural backgrounds and countries.
You need to have:
● a commitment to the school’s mission to provide high-quality community-based
international learning in the form of the IB programme;
● at least two years’ teaching experience - experience in the MYP programme is
● excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and
● an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
● the ability and initiative to help create and implement school policy;
● excellent command of the English language and general communication skills;
● a collaborative mindset and a good sense of humour.
Please submit applications before the 18th of November through the Esprit website.
The AICS is committed to creating a safe learning environment for our staff and students.
Reference checks will include a check on child protection issues for all serious candidates.
We will require a police clearance certificate for the last country of employment as well as a
certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) upon arrival in the Netherlands or
if you are already a resident in the Netherlands.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date
of the vacancy. All candidates do have equity in the process.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.